To honor Nancy, CAPA offers annual scholarships which may be used for any of the following:
- Texas Advanced Paralegal Seminar (TAPS)
- Certified Paralegal/Certified Legal Assistant (CP/CLA) Testing Fee
- Advanced Paralegal Certification (ACP) Course Fee
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization (TBLS) Testing Fee
- Other CLE that has received credit from NALA, State Bar of Texas and/or TBLS
- Tuition to paralegal programs at Texas State University, University of Texas, Austin Community College or Center for Advanced Legal Studies.
- Membership in CAPA; Paralegal Division, SBOT; NALA; and NFPA.
CAPA typically offers two scholarships per year. Scholarship funds must be used by the recipient within 12 months of the date of award.
The specific use of the award does not need to be identified at the time of the application. It is the responsibility of the scholarship winner to contact the Scholarship Committee Chair for approval of the use and to make arrangement for the award to be paid directly to the provider. If the use is less than $250, the remainder, in an amount not to exceed $50, will be given to the recipient to cover other related costs. Scholarship funds must be used within 12 months of receipt.
All Voting, Associate and Student Members of CAPA in good standing are eligible.