BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
· Access to CAPA's exclusive Job Bank.
· Email announcements and access to “Members Only” pages on the Website.
· The Brief – CAPA’s monthly newsletter.
· Information on upcoming CLE seminars.
· NALA – The Paralegal Association (“NALA”) Affiliate: As a member of NALA, CAPA has a vote in setting the direction of the profession by participating in the oldest and largest paralegal association in the country (approximately 18,000 current members). Ongoing legislation and case law affecting paralegals is monitored.
· Texas Alliance of Paralegal Associations (“TAPA”): Networking, newsletter exchange and access to the job banks of other paralegal associations in Texas.
· General Membership Meetings: Various speakers discuss topics of general interest to legal professionals. Continuing Legal Education (“CLE”) credit is given for attending these meetings.
· CLE and Professional Development Seminars: Discounted full-day seminars and symposiums and no cost "Lunch & Learn" seminars are held from time to time on issues affecting the profession. CLE credit is given for attending these seminars when approved by NALA and/or TBLS.
· Social Events and Networking Opportunities: Annually, CAPA hosts a Paralegal Day Celebration in October, and a Holiday Celebration in December, as well as other social events during the year.
· Mentorship Program: CAPA offers a mentorship program for new and student paralegals to receive guidance from experienced paralegals in its membership.
· School and Student Liaison: CAPA provides a liaison between the student community and the Association to facilitate connection with the membership benefits and resources. The School and Student Liaison also connects with area paralegal programs to promote CAPA’s student membership.
· Certified Paralegal (NALA CP) and Texas Board of Legal Specialization (“TBLS”) Board Certification study groups and exam resources.