CAPA Legal Vendor Program
Become a CAPA Sustaining Member
By joining CAPA as Sustaining Members, legal support providers have the opportunity to network with CAPA members and promote their services at CAPA functions.
Apply online or use the mail-in form to become a CAPA Sustaining Member!
Benefits of Sustaining Membership
- Monthly meetings and other periodic events where Sustaining Members ("SMs") can network with CAPA members. (SMs are encouraged, but not required, to bring door prizes to the luncheons. The company providing the door prize is announced before it is awarded and is entitled to the winning business card.)
Monthly Newsletter (Brief) in which:
- A complete list of all Sustaining Members is printed each month.
- Each Sustaining Member is entitled to one free business card ad each year (submit your PDF file to the Sustaining Member Liaison).
- Sustaining members can advertise their legal services to our paralegal members.
"Sustaining Members of the Month" Program which features two or three legal vendors each month (a) at the monthly luncheon meeting, (b) in the Brief, and (c) on the CAPA website.
- The spotlighted SMs will be non-competing vendors.
- Only spotlighted vendors may hand out company information or put information on the tables.
- Each spotlighted vendor is also entitled to a full-page “spread” in the Brief for the month it is spotlighted. The “spread” should be an article of interest, describing the origins of the company, background of the owners, interesting stories, etc., rather than a regular ad.
- Vendor Directories available to members (online and downloadable). Your company's contact information and website link will be added to our Sustaining Members web page in every category for which you provide a legal service.
- Annual "Vendor Parade" where the entire June meeting is devoted to our Sustaining Members. Each SM is provided a display table, inclusion of their logo and information in a PowerPoint slide show, and the opportunity to give a short presentation.
- Participation on CAPA Committees. SMs can chair or join many of our committees. If you are interested in participating, please contact a Board member or send an email to Sustaining@capatx.org.
Sponsor a monthly "brown bag" CLE Luncheon. These “brown bag” CLEs are geared towards smaller, more distinct areas of law, e.g., wills/probate, workers’ compensation, Social Security, etc., and are usually attended by 8-20 people.
- The sponsoring SM agrees to provide lunch for the attendees (SM’s choice).
- The sponsoring SM is allowed to attend the CLE, provide company information, and meet and greet the attendees.
- The SM may present the CLE program as long as the presentation (a) is substantive in nature and (b) has been approved for CLE credit through NALA and/or TBLS.
- Provide articles for the monthly Brief. Articles must be substantive in nature and not just a “plug” for the company. The author’s name and company name will be included at the beginning or end of the article (at the discretion of the Publications Committee).
- Various sponsorship opportunities throughout the year, such as the Paralegal Day Celebration in October. Sponsorship is generally limited to the first five or so non-competing SMs and only sponsoring vendors are allowed to attend the event.
Use the Online Application to become a CAPA Sustaining Member!
CAPA Sustaining Member Liaison. For more information about CAPA's Legal Vendor Program or Sustaining Membership, or for any issue concerning vendor support services and Sustaining Members, please contact CAPA's Sustaining Member Liaison:
DLA Piper LLP (US)
401 Congress Avenue, Suite 2500
Austin, TX 78701
Phone: (512) 457-7124
Fax: (512) 721-2324